Monday

Fascinating Book--Secret Lives of the U.S. Presidents

"When a great many people are unable to find work, unemployment results." Calvin Coolidge

On Memorial Day, you all read a fascinating post on this site called Holiday Quote--President John Quincy Adams. That piece got the highest hits on this site.

I love that story because it talks about skinny dipping and the presidency--such an odd juxtaposition, and fascinating. But I never would have been informed of it if it weren't for a little-known book called Secret Lives of the U.S. Presidents by Cormac Obrien.

This book is filled with the craziest facts about our national Chiefs of Operations. The presidents truly had the oddest behavior, and they're all here in this volume to entertain and make you LOL.

There are also delicious and riotous quotes like the Calvin Coolidge quote above. When I first read it, I could have sworn Dubya had said it. But what Bush really said was, "A key to foreign policy is to rely on reliance." You see how I could get the two presidents confused. :/

Some of the wacky and sometimes scandalous presidential behaviors include:
Sleeping at least ten hours daily; marrying a foster daughter; letting loose with a potty mouth; comparing himself to Jesus Christ; habitually wearing tattered hat and clothes; engendering 15 children; fighting over 100 duels; greeting ambassadors in his pajamas, and MORE.

I'm not telling to whom those behaviors belong because I intend to use them, see. Well, not in my life, in my blog posts. I will reveal over time who is guilty of each. Of course, if you want to get ahead of me and read for yourself, you can always pick up your own copy of Secret Lives of the U.S. Presidents by Cormac O'Brien--fully updated and including Obama.

It will delight you!
Long may she wave!

No comments:

Post a Comment