Friday

Jokes -- Uncle Jerry's Jokes



“Uncle Jerry,” as I like to call him, is not my uncle. He is my friend Brenda’s neighbor’s wife’s uncle. It’s complicated.

Anyway, Uncle Jerry went to war, and when he came back he was burnt out, shell shocked and a real mess. He forwent therapy and decided a DIY project was the answer.

No, he didn’t remodel the bathroom. Instead, he started archiving every joke he ever heard or read, past and present. He’s still archiving them to this day. And, after some arm twisting, he gave me a copy of what he has so far.

Here are a few of them. Remember, they healed Uncle Jerry of insanity and got him back to working in the salt mines on Mars. So, they’re pretty dang powerful. Enjoy!


One more disappearance

Did you know that Bermuda has a philharmonic orchestra? I was at a concert the other evening, all dressed up and feeling thoroughly caught up in the music. So caught up, you know, that I almost didn’t catch it when the guy playing the triangle just disappeared. The Bermuda Triangle still brings her mysteries.


Frogs have to obey the law just like the rest of us!

What do you call a frog who is parked illegally? Toad.


Even famous people die

Did you hear that the inventor of Velcro died? RIP


Know your war history

My father used to work in the Navy shipyards during World War II. He told me all about how we were behind in the war and we had to make ships as fast as we could. He went into detail about exactly how they pieced the ships together. Riveting!

No comments:

Post a Comment